Monday 30 April 2012

That's my philosophy


A little while ago, I received a very generous care package from the good folks at philosophy. This was an exciting one for me - not just because I'd just run out of face wash, but also because I've been meaning to try their goodies for a while now. 

Typical blogger Instagram photo - follow me at 'frankieisswell' for more typical blogger pics!

To quote their website, philosophy is a brand that "that approaches personal care from a skin care point of view, while celebrating the beauty of the human spirit". This ethos appeals to me greatly because, to be perfectly honest with you, my poor skin gets put through hell on a somewhat regular basis. I wear make-up nearly every day (apparently far too much, according to my dear Mother), I'm fairly certain I exfoliate too often (it just feels so good!) and I suffer from the occasional but nonetheless unpleasant break outs. It's nice to know that someone out there is thinking about the good of my skin as well as my "inner beauty", as it were.


I was extremely excited to try philosophy's famous purity cleanser. Not only has it won awards, but it also promises to "to gently cleanse, tone and melt away all face and eye makeup in one simple step, while lightly hydrating the skin". Sounds pretty good, eh?

I've been using the cleanser on and off for over a week now, and I must say I am very impressed with it. It smells lovely, foams and rinses off well and somehow manages to leave my skin squeaky clean yet supple and moisturised at the same time. It definitely helped with an untimely pre-lady time break out too, and it did it in a nice way. It didn't dry out my skin to get rid of them, it just gave it a good ol' clean deep down. 

After using these philosophy products, I am officially a convert to philosophy products as well as their way of thinking. And the best part is I can continue to wear lots of make-up as I know my purity cleanser can handle it - score!

Much love,

Frankie
Swell Vintage

x


0 comments: